Clean and inspect optical component and mounts and assemble optical doublets, triplets, sub-assemblies and final assemblies and test to final requirements. This job requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity. The ability to follow work instructions and the ability to make decisions at various stages of assembly are keys to success for this position.
- Clean and inspect optical components and mounts.
- Use of MIL spec to inspect optical components with clear apertures.
- Ability to read engineering drawings to determine specs.
- Assemble and bond optical doublets and triplets according to procedures.
- Use of optical-grade adhesives.
- Use of various assembly tools and techniques for alignment of optics.
- Post-alignment/assembly cleaning and inspection.
- Assemble and bond lens elements within mounts and barrels according to procedures.
- Techniques for mounting and bonding lens elements within barrels - passive alignment.
- Maintain assembly tools and area in accordance with manufacturing practices.
- Complete and charge time to work orders and maintain job specific paperwork throughout the process.
- Follow and enforce clean room protocols.
High School diploma and minimum of 2 to 4 years experience working with optics or related field.
- Good manual dexterity and visual acuity
- Ability to contribute as an individual and as a team member
- Proficient math skills
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Good communication skills
- Blueprint reading
- Analytical troubleshooting / problem solving
- Computer skills
- Decision making
- Time management skills
- 20 / 20 vision or corrected vision
- Must be available and flexible to work overtime when needed, including weekends
This position reports to the Production Manager.
Navitar offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should email, fax, or send resumes to: Navitar Inc. 200 Commerce Drive, Rochester, NY 14623. Fax: (585) 359-4999 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Navitar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are selected on the basis of demonstrated ability, experience, training and potential. It is the company's policy to select qualified persons without prejudice or discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations in relation to hiring.