The Finishing and Packaging General Worker is responsible for packaging finished products in specified internal and external packing materials, carefully arranging inventory in shipping containers and preparing them for shipment. Duties include following detailed written instructions, selecting items from inventory, using required internal and outer packaging, assembling items with appropriate spacing in boxes, performing quality control assessments, printing, labeling, and stacking finished items safely and securely.
- Pack completed products for shipping according to provided instructions
- Pull merchandise and inventory from warehouse shelves
- Securely assemble the goods for shipping
- Collect the necessary shipping materials like packing foam, bubble wrap, cling wrap and tape to create a shipping package that will protect the items inside
- Thoroughly review packing instructions and make note of any special considerations
- Label appropriately
- Ensure all finished packaged units have the correct piece count, proper packaging, and appearance meets specifications
- Maintain tools and work area in accordance with production floor safety requirements
- Communicate with team members, supervisors and leadership regarding daily production
- Set up, operate, troubleshoot and adjust all equipment in the finishing and packing area
- Communicate any sub-standard area of finishing that could impact the safety of workers, quality of the product, or the efficiency of the finishing and packaging line
- Assist or fill in for other positions as required
- Accurately record and communicate all necessary production data, as directed – i.e. down time, scrap, rejected materials, verification sheets, etc.
- Good manual dexterity and visual acuity
- Ability to read and write English
- Basic computer and math skills
- Self-starter capable of working with little direction
- Ability to contribute as an individual and team member
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Good communication and time management skills
- Moderate physical exertion
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be comfortable working on their feet for a considerable amount of time
- Must be able to inspect finished product and pack according to company standards
- Must be able to place labels on boxes or finished product
- Must be able to read product specification sheets
- Must be able to work and foster a safe work culture.
Prior experience in warehouse, shipping, or packaging role helpful, but not required.
This position reports to the Team Leader for Testing and Assembly.
Qualified applicants should email, fax, or send resumes to: Navitar, 200 Commerce Drive, Rochester, NY 14623. Fax: (585) 359-4999 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Navitar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are selected on the basis of demonstrated ability, experience, training and potential. It is the company's policy to select qualified persons without prejudice or discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations in relation to hiring.