Under general direction from the Mechanical Engineering Manager performs tasks involving mechanical, optical, electrical, or software related planning, design and assembly of complex fixturing to manufacture higher quality products at lower overall cost.
- Assess, design, install, modify, document, and update current engineering and production equipment
- Observe day to day operations and make recommendations for improvements in:
- Process/product flow
- Product upgrades or changes to improve manufacturability and quality
- Fixturing to improve manufacturability and quality
- Develop and update assembly procedures to ensure consistent manufacturability and improvement in overall product quality
- Work on new and current products to establish fixturing requirements and application-specific test protocol for necessary test equipment
- Understand the level of acceptable quality for each project deliverable, facilitate quality control by coordinating internal reviews to ensure quality levels are met, and work with the team to set and meet deadlines for all key deliverables
- Work with production and engineering groups to ensure balance exists between scope, time, and budget; identify issues and risks quickly, and develop mitigation plans and contingencies
- Lead investigator on failure and root cause analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, or optical engineering
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering design using CAD
- Knowledge and experience with hypothesis testing, regression Analysis, statistical process control (SPC)
- Process development/optimization experience
- Two years engineering experience in a design or manufacturing environment
- Master of science in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering
- Understanding of GD&T
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Technical writing skills
- Familiarity with software and computer programming
- Experience with project scheduling software
- Project management experience
- Conduct accurate cost benefit analysis to invest where most the value is added
- Presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate professionally with all levels of management
- Show customer solutions focus, listening to customers and making decisions with their current and future needs in mind
- Easily build relationships with others, gaining trust and support, finding common ground, and using team-based approaches to solve problems and achieve goals
- Exhibit enthusiasm & knowledge, leveraging available resources to seek out the best quality solutions that we are proud of and meet our high standards
- Work involves continuous interaction with co-workers in fast-paced environment
- Work includes sitting for prolonged periods, along with repetitive hand and arm movements
- Work requires frequent use of the telephone and computer
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 5 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
This position reports to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
Navitar offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should email, fax, or send resumes to: Navitar Inc. 200 Commerce Drive, Rochester, NY 14623. Fax: (585) 359-4999 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Navitar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are selected on the basis of demonstrated ability, experience, training and potential. It is the company's policy to select qualified persons without prejudice or discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations in relation to hiring.