Under general direction of the Mechanical Engineering Manager, performs mechanical engineering work related to the planning, design and assembly of complex optical projects. This may include creating documentation for the manufacture and assembly of components as well as coordinating projects with contractors, evaluating requests for changes and performing related work as required.
- Assignments may include ongoing project design or program development under the guidance of the Director or a Senior Engineer.
- Develop and update assembly procedures to ensure consistent manufacturability and improvement in overall product quality
- Conducts complex engineering and related studies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations and presents reports
- Prepares designs, specifications, plans, estimates and reports for complex projects.
- Monitors and supervises design and assembly, including reviewing plans, specifications, estimates and calculations and giving technical advice on corrective action.
- Work on new and current products to establish fixturing requirements and application-specific test protocol for necessary test equipment
- Understand the level of acceptable quality for each project deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering design using CAD
- Knowledge in engineering design theories and principles related to the area of assignment
- Technical writing skills
- Presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate professionally with all levels of management
- Ability to learn and operate specialized test equipment
- Two years engineering experience in a design or manufacturing environment
- Master of science in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering
- Understanding of GD&T
- Understanding of FEA software and its application
- Familiarity with software and computer programming
- Easily build relationships with others, gaining trust and support, finding common ground and using team-based approaches to solve problems and achieve goals
- Exhibit enthusiasm & knowledge, leveraging available resources to seek out the best quality solutions
- Work involves continuous interaction with co-workers in fast-paced environment
- Work includes sitting for prolonged periods, along with repetitive hand and arm movements
- Work requires frequent use of the telephone and computer
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 5 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
This position reports to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
Navitar offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should email, fax, or send resumes to: Navitar Inc. 200 Commerce Drive, Rochester, NY 14623. Fax: (585) 359-4999 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Navitar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are selected on the basis of demonstrated ability, experience, training and potential. It is the company's policy to select qualified persons without prejudice or discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations in relation to hiring.