Under general direction from the Quality Assurance Manager performs tasks involving mechanical, optical, electrical, or software related inspection to ensure incoming materials meet requirements.
- Ensure all incoming material meets engineering acceptance criteria.
- Communicate rejection and corrective action information interdepartmental and with suppliers regarding rejected parts.
- Ensure that all rejected parts are processed for return to vendor.
- Ensure that all Supplier Corrective Actions are completed and documented per procedure in a timely fashion. Be prepared to document each case on a monthly basis for vendor report.
- Ensure all Material Deviations are processed accordingly and proper communication between the supplier and any pertinent Navitar departments occurs.
- Supply compliance and/or conformance documents to customers upon request accordingly.
- Maintain MSDS list and files.
- Ensure that all Non-Conforming Material Reports are completed per procedure in a timely fashion.
- Maintain calibration records for measuring and test equipment (includes in-house calibration as well as calibrations provided by outside vendors).
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- High school diploma
- Mathematical, technical and mechanical skills,
- Knowledge of production, processing, electronics, and optics
- Attention to detail and analytical thinking
- Strong understanding of GD&T
- Skilled in the use of open plate inspection tools such as micrometers, calipers, vernier's, various gages and dial indicators
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Associate's degree
- 1-2 years' related experience
- Technical writing skills
- Familiarity with computers and software, most notably MS Office Suite
- The ability to effectively communicate professionally with all levels of Interdepartmental staff, management, and external Suppliers.
- Easily build relationships with others, gaining trust and support, finding common ground and using team-based approaches to solve problems and achieve goals
- Exhibit enthusiasm & knowledge, leveraging available resources to seek out the best quality solutions that we are proud of and meet our high standards.
- Work involves continuous interaction with co-workers in fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Work includes standing for prolonged periods, along with repetitive hand and arm movements
- Work requires frequent use of the telephone and computer
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 5 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally.
Navitar offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Qualified applicants should send their application letter and resume to:
Navitar, Inc., Attn: Quality Manager, 200 Commerce Drive, Rochester NY 14623 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking local candidates only. No phone calls please.
Navitar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are selected on the basis of demonstrated ability, experience, training and potential. It is the company's policy to select qualified persons without prejudice or discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations in relation to hiring.