Navitar is seeking a buyer to purchase mechanical and optical components for its Rochester, New York optics manufacturing facility.
To be considered, candidate will have:
- experience in purchasing, with an understanding of manufacturing
- excellent organizational skills
- strong negotiating skills and budget-oriented mind-set
- ability to read and interpret drawings
- experience with price negotiations for purchasing agreements and contracts
- ability to make recommendations regarding purchase of products
- ability to identify foreign and domestic suppliers
- proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office, Outlook and any MRP, ERP or other procurement system
- professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- high level math skills and problem-solving abilities
- ability to interface at all levels of management, manufacturing, engineering, quality, production managers, and sales team
- 2 or 4-year degree along with 2- 4 years’ work experience, within a manufacturing environment preferred
- Lean manufacturing knowledge a plus
This position reports to the Purchasing Manager.
Navitar, Inc. offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
For immediate consideration, please submit your confidential resume today. Applicants should email, fax, or send resumes to: Navitar Inc. 200 Commerce Drive, Rochester, NY 14623. Fax: (585)-359-4999 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Navitar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are selected based on demonstrated ability, experience, training and potential. It is the company's policy to select qualified persons without prejudice or discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations in relation to hiring.
Navitar is an ITAR registered manufacturer. Employment eligibility is confirmed via E-Verify.